Well folks, that’s it! Drauger OS 7.5.1 is now installing somewhat reliably with both BIOS and UEFI, we have fixed some UI bugs, and are now beginning hardware testing. Meaning, we are now on Alpha 3!
Alpha 3 is all about making sure we work on most CPUs. GPUs are also considered, but are not focused on as much until Beta 1. Essentially, we want to be absolutely sure that we can boot Drauger OS on most hardware fitting our hardware requirements from our System Requirements page.
However, we have an internal problem with this: All the computers immediately available to us use Intel 8th gen processors and older! So, in order to ensure to ensure compatibility, we are debating on opening Drauger OS 7.5.1 Alpha 3 up to the public. Our issues with this are as follows:
- We want Drauger OS to be the best it can be when the public finally sees it.
- We rarely get any bug reports or any helpful feedback in these areas, so we have no idea how Drauger OS is performing
- We have one or two small changes to make before we let it go public, so if we do do this, it will be a couple days
- We would need to make some server changes before we release the next version of Drauger OS
- We would need to make several documentation changes before the release.
This isn’t to say that we can’t release Drauger OS 7.5.1 Alpha 3, or are unwilling to do so. We just want some feedback from the community. And, the bottom 3 points will have to be taken care of anyways for the Beta 1 release
Should we release Drauger OS 7.5.1 Alpha 3 so that the public can get in on the bug hunt? Or should we wait until Beta 1 like we planned initially and try to do the best we can until then?
Let us know on any of our social media, linked below!
Lead Dev, Founder
Find us on Social Media!